I was slightly less productive in October than I was in September, but only slightly:
- Wrote 41 poems
- Submitted 7 poems
- Submitted my chapbook manuscript to two competitions
- Started assembling a folder of potential poems for my next manuscript
- Started a spreadsheet to keep track of writing guides and whether or not they helped me
- Figured out a good work/life balance. Finally. That only took six months.
- Completed October Unprocessed (I’m typing this as I eat a completely unprocessed yet utterly decadent mushroom and zucchini lasagna).
I did not get around to developing a recording system for chapbooks/poetry collections I’ve read and liked, but I’m beginning to think that’s not necessary.
Goals for November:
- Continue with my regular plan of daily poetry writing, weekly poetry submissions, and biweekly chapbook submissions
- Continue developing my folder for the new manuscript
- Begin a long nonfiction project I’ve been thinking about since April
- Do research for the coolest horror story ever. I can’t wait to write it. But it’s the kind of thing I want to prepare for first.
- Survive the move to our new townhouse relatively unscathed